How to exercise, what are some non-obvious nuances in training and what specific exercises you need to do to say good-bye to illness?
If you've decided to fight for a cure, stop to rely on drugs – many of them will not give the desired effect if you neglect physical exercise! Nature gave the joints an opportunity to recover, only when we use them. During movement of the cartilage tissue secretes synovial fluid which facilitates sliding of the articular surfaces, and if the mobility of the no – greasing is not allocated, the cartilage dries and osteoarthritis progresses.
Exercises for osteoarthritis of the knee joint (gonarthrosis) have to maintain mobility in the knees and not let them completely zakostenet.
The first time gymnastics may seem difficult, cause discomfort and even mild pain, but that pain is healing. A few weeks of regular exercise and it will disappear.
To do need at least 2-4 days a week, but the best – every day, for 30-45 minutes. The load must be metered, meaning you don't have very tired after complex. If a half-hour lesson seems like a long time, exercise in several approaches. For example, every 10-15 minutes, pause or divide the complex into 2 parts – one run in the morning as charging, and the second in the afternoon or evening.
The effect you will feel rather quickly: after 1-2 weeks of training, the majority of patients noted a decrease in morning stiffness in the knee joints and easier portability load on them. Lasting improvement comes in a few months, but after that to stop learning is impossible: the road to recovery for osteoarthritis of knee – this is the way of the athlete.
Two simple and very effective set of exercises
Each complex is important to start with the most simple of exercises to warm up, then their order can be anything. Light exercises perform alternating with hard, so as not to overload the knee joints, and after school not had any muscle pain. With the appearance of a sharp pain deep in the knee, stop the exercise and seek medical advice.
A set of exercises from position "standing"
- Walking on the spot. Place hands on the belt and go to one place, trying to lift the knees higher.
- Adhering to something for support, lift one leg off the floor and do slow flexion and extension at the knee with a maximum amplitude. After 8-10 repetitions, change legs.
- Raise up on your toes of both feet and without taking your foot off the floor, stand on heels holding up socks as high as possible. Repeat 25 times.
A set of exercises from "on the back"
- At the same time and in turn, bend feet, trying harder to pull your toes towards yourself. You should feel a strong tension of calf muscles. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The well-known "scissors": on the floor lift the straight leg slightly apart and again together, crossed. After that again spread and cross to the top was the other leg. Repeat 4-6 times.
- Bend the leg and at the count of "one-two" helping hands, pull your knee to the stomach. On "three-four" lower your leg. Repeat 4-6 times.
- "Bicycle": bend your legs at the knee and hip joints and imitate them pedaling. Repeat 8-12 times.
- Bend at the knees both legs and move standing on the floor feet to the pelvis. Slowly and gradually perform leg swings to full extension of the knee. Repeat 8-14 times for each leg.
Nine exercises Dr. Evdokimenko
According to the doctor-rheumatologist Evdokimenko Paul Valerevich, author of many books about the health of the musculoskeletal system, the complex with osteoarthritis of the knee gives the fastest result. These exercises include all the tendons and muscles associated with the knee.
- Lying on your back, raise your straight leg about 15 degrees above the floor. Hold this position for 25 to 40 seconds and lower your leg. While lifting and holding legs, the body and the pelvis should remain motionless, only work the muscles of the thighs and buttocks. After a short rest, perform rise of the second leg. In the static version of the exercise is performed 1 time in a dynamic – time retention of the legs is reduced to 1-2 seconds, and the number of iterations increases up to 10-12.
- Lying on belly, bend 90 degrees one (any) leg in the knee joint. Lift the bent leg to 10 degrees above the floor and hold for 25-40 seconds. Hold the feet, as in the previous exercise, only happens through the work of the muscles of the thighs and buttocks. In a static embodiment is performed 1 time in the dynamic holding time is 1-2 seconds, the number of repetitions – 10-12.
- Exercise for physically strong people with trained muscles: lying on stomach, lift straight legs 10-15 degrees above the floor and slowly spread them, and then slowly reduce. Not putting down the feet on the floor, repeat the mixing and dilution of 8-10.
- Lying on your side, bend the leg the underlying the knee joint, and the upper right. Slowly lift the top leg up to 40-45 degrees above the floor and hold for 25-35 seconds. Turn over to second side and repeat the same movement.
- Sitting on a chair, raise your straightened leg as high as possible, hold for 40-50 seconds, then lower it and do the same the other leg. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Standing, hands resting on the back of a chair, would you sit up high on your toes and hold for 20-30 seconds. Perform 10-15 repetitions. In the dynamic version of the exercise, the duration of the rise on socks is 1-2 seconds. Omitting the heel on the floor, be sure to relax the calf muscles.
- In the rhythm of the previous exercises do toe raise, standing on their heels.
- Put one foot on the toe, heel raised high, while the other leg, the entire foot is on the floor. Then gradually change the position of the legs, as if riding toe to heel.
- Sitting on a chair, perform the massage of the thighs, vigorously rubbing their front and the sides for about 3 minutes. Finished with a soft stroking each thigh in the direction from the bottom up.
General contraindications to physical education
- Increased intracranial and arterial pressure.
- Acute inflammatory diseases of any localization.
- Heart disease and blood.
- Hernia of the abdomen and groin.
An important conclusion
Gymnastics is not the only, but very important component of complex therapy in osteoarthritis of the knee. A combination of total physical activity and a healthy lifestyle – better than any medicine.