The brush man is one of the most functional parts of the body. Many complex movements are performed by the hands in everyday life, from brushing your teeth to fasten buttons. Without a healthy articular joints of the brush impossible to fully human life. The appearance of pathologies that destroy joints, brings not only discomfort but also difficulties in the performance of simple manipulation. Osteoarthritis of the fingers – the most common cause of loss of motor activity of hands.
Features of the disease
Pathological changes in the structure of joint tissues have a slow flow. Arthrosis starts quietly and for a long time does not manifest itself. During the first stage there is a slow destruction of the hyaline cartilage by thinning. The cartilage becomes dry and inelastic, ceasing to perform the function of depreciation.
The change in the chemical composition of synovial fluid lead to a shortage of elements, which occurs due to the synthesis and support of a large number of small joints in the hands. In the further course of reduces the quantity of collagen and moisture in the cartilage, which leads to a significant decrease in the height of the cartilage layer and bring together the heads of bones entering into the articulation.
The joint space decreases, and the surface layer of bone begins to grow, first in small seal, then appear scattered osteophytes (bone spurs). The second stage modifies the joint capsule, resulting in visible deformation. The patient feels pain when the long work of your fingers, going after the rest.
When omissions or incorrect treatment of pathology into a more serious stage. The joints are expressed by the deformation with the appearance of the characteristic outgrowths in the joints. Movement in joints is limited and can completely block the disappearance of the joint space, and degeneration of components of the joint.
The causes of osteoarthritis of the fingers
Getting arthritis can everyone. According to statistics at risk are not only older people, at a young age with the influence of precipitating factors the disease to progress, leading to disability. Knowing possible causes will help to preserve the health of the hands.
Why start arthrosis of the fingers:
- Degenerative phenomena in the joints, manifesting as a result of natural aging. Occur in people over 45 years of age or younger on the background of associated chronic diseases.
- Injuries (fractures, bruises, sprains) joint subjected to mechanical damage, leading to microtrauma. Even minor damage to the chronic nature lead to the development of pathology with further disruption of the fingers.
- Genetic predisposition is a prerequisite for the disease failure to comply with the rules of prevention.
- Heavy load associated with the capture of heavy loads, performing repetitive similar movements during operation causes the brush to adapt to a constant load, together with the development of pathology.
- Endocrine diseases: diabetes mellitus, thyroid disease contribute to the onset of osteoarthritis.
- Hormonal imbalance in the body, adversely affecting the biochemical reactions and metabolic disorders.
- Autoimmune nature of the diseases, and destroying its own cells.
- Congenital abnormalities of the small joints of the hand in which the hand cannot perform all the functions of its purpose.
- Prolonged exposure to cold temperatures on hands.
- Infection that gives complications on joints with undertreated conditions or non-compliance with bed rest.
Starts arthritis unnoticed. The primary lesion of cartilage does not affect the operability of the fingers. Elementary processes are the years and all the time it does not show any. When performing intense movements may cause pain, which disappears at rest. During this period, usually people do not seek medical help, not knowing about osteoarthritis.
In the transition to the next stage there are signs that cause concern to the sick:
- the "hard" joints in the morning after waking up, transfixed as the fingers goes through a short time after performing warm-up exercises;
- pain syndrome when performing intensive work the fingers;
- clicking sound in the affected joints in flexion or extension;
- limit physical possibilities.
The subsequent deterioration of the joints increase, the lateral parts of the fingers appear growths round shape. In advanced stages or aching pain accompanies the patient continuously without stopping even at night. Gradually the amplitude of movements is reduced, reaching complete immobility.
Osteoarthritis of the fingers may be complicated by the accession of inflammation in the joint capsules.
Symptoms of osteoarthritis:
- severe pain in the fingers at rest;
- redness of the skin over the affected joints;
- the local increase in temperature.
The importance of correct diagnosis is indisputable for prescribing the right treatment. At the first meeting the doctor collects a complete anamnesis of life and illness of the patient, figuring out the working conditions, the existence of such disease in close relatives.
For an objective examination of osteoarthritis is assigned a number of surveys:
- laboratory analysis of blood for the presence of inflammation, rheumatoid factor, and the excess of uric acid differential diagnosis of gout;
- x-ray examination to detect internal changes in the structure of the joint;
- magnetic resonance diagnostics allows to draw a comprehensive picture about emerging signs of osteoarthritis.
To achieve full recovery of the joints is impossible, in the best case with proper therapeutic procedures, the process stops. For maximum effect, is assigned a set of events consisting of traditional, folk and alternative therapy.
Drug treatment of osteoarthritis of the fingers:
- Painkillers will provide short-term anesthetic effect effect.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents have a triple action: analgesic, eliminate inflammation, reduce the body temperature.
- Medicines for joints prevent the destruction of cartilage and bone, making up for the lack of glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, collagen, hyaluronic acid. Drugs intended for long-term treatment effect from a single reception screen does not appear. Regular treatment for joints slowly reclaims it.
- Corticosteroids – hormonal, struggling with inflammatory, allergic and painful manifestations.
- Ointment for local anesthesia.
In the absence of signs of acute inflammation can be treatments physiotherapy:
- Pulsed magnetic current on the affected joints by means of devices of magnetic therapy. A course of treatments may be performed in a clinic or at home with the necessary equipment.
- The introduction into the organism of drugs during a session electrophoresis.
- Laser treatment helps to reduce pain and accelerate healing.
- The use of wax for baths and paraffin baths will remove pain, eliminate muscle tone, improve motor capabilities.
To improve the condition recommended to comply with orthopedic treatment. Ortho restricts physical activity and amount to a course of physiotherapy, individually selecting a set of exercises.
The treatment of arthritis in the fingers methods of folk medicine gives fruitful results:
- Anesthetic solution for grinding is prepared from fresh birch buds. One glass of freshly kidney pour the floor liters of rubbing alcohol and leave to infuse for two weeks. The resulting tool RUB the sore hands twice a day.
- Kalanchoe leaves, finely chop and place in a vessel with a capacity of 500 ml with high-quality vodka. After five days of standing in a dark place is used for grinding the joints of patients.
- The hay is steamed in a bowl with hot water and put the hands on thirty minutes.
- Large cabbage leaves, wash and apply a liberal amount of natural honey. Applied to the diseased hand, and to fix the food wrap. A compress can be left on for 12 hours, covering with a warm blanket.
- Burdock leaf scald with boiling water and applied on a pre-greased with olive oil skin. Burdock to consolidate first with cellophane, and on top of woolen scarf.
The proper diet is essential for getting rid of osteoarthritis. The exclusion of foods that exacerbate the condition, contribute to rapid recovery and supply of the joints trace elements.
What not to eat for osteoarthritis:
- spicy and fatty meals;
- rich broth;
- salted and smoked products;
- sausage and canned food;
- whole milk;
- sweet carbonated water;
- sugar and confectionery products;
- alcoholic beverages.
The allowed foods list:
- dairy products;
- low-fat cheese, cottage cheese;
- jellied beef;
- fresh fruits and vegetables;
- lean meat and fish, steamed;
- fresh juices.
To prevent osteoarthritis of the fingers is possible if to adhere to certain principles:
- to observe the basics of proper nutrition;
- not to lift weights;
- for work-related activities with active involvement of the fingers, carry out exercises for the hands several times a day;
- to protect hands from injury;
- to prevent hypothermia, wear warm gloves in the cold season;
- preventive therapy for joints for older people;
- promptly consult a medical professional at the appearance of suspicious symptoms.